Winding up Petitions

We cover everything you need to know about this legal process and you can contact me anytime by phone or email to ask anything related to debt.

Call: 07977 923 298

Ask Nigel...

Ask Nigel...

If you have received a Winding up Petition we could help you with your defence and apply for the Petition to be set aside.

We Defend or serve Winding up Petitions

You can apply to the court to close or ‘wind up’ a limited company if it can’t pay its debts.

To wind up a company:

  • The debt must be over £750.
  • You must be able to prove that the company can’t pay the debt.

You would need to follow the correct Insolvency rules to be able to apply for a “winding up Petition”

What Happens after the Petition is served

  • The company assets are sold.
  • Monies are paid to you and any other creditors.